The human resources department is located at 109 Ferrum Mountain Road.
Faculty appointments begin in August, except where noted otherwise. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will remain open until filled, unless noted otherwise in the description below. All candidates must provide evidence of ability to teach effectively at the undergraduate level and have a commitment to liberal arts education. Ferrum College offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life, STD/LTD insurances, paid holidays, personal and sick leave and vacation; and a 403(b) retirement plan. A letter of application including curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching, a statement of teaching philosophy, and evidence of scholarship and research, copies of graduate transcripts,and at least three recent letters of recommendation should be sent to Human Resources, Ferrum College, P.O. Box 1000, Ferrum, VA 24088 or complete email applications can be sent as PDF or Word file attachments to email@example.com.
Background check required.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Nursing Division Chair
Ferrum College in Ferrum Virginia invites qualified candidates to apply for the founding Nursing Division Chair opportunity for a new Baccalaureate in Nursing Program.
The Ferrum College mission is to educate students in the disciplines of higher learning and to help them be thoughtful and perceptive, to be articulate and professionally capable, and to be caring and concerned citizens of their community, nation, and world. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
Founded in 1913, Ferrum College provides life-long learning and outstanding career and graduate school preparation in a setting of rich natural beauty. A four-year, private, co-educational, liberal arts college related to the United Methodist Church, Ferrum offers nationally recognized bachelor’s degree programs ranging from business and environmental science to teacher education and criminal justice, small classes, and a dedicated faculty. Surrounded by mountains, lakes, rivers and state parks, and numerous small towns brimming with regional heritage, Ferrum College also boasts a wide variety of venues for outdoor recreation and cultural enrichment.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
Ferrum College offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, life, STD/LTD insurances, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
Ferrum College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. In accordance with all federal, state, and local laws, it is the policy of the College not to discriminate against any employee, or applicant for employment, in hiring, promotion, pay, benefits, classification, referral, or termination of employment, or in any other aspects of employment.
Ferrum College seeks a creative and innovative founding Nursing Division Chair for a new Baccalaureate Nursing Program to build upon already laid groundwork. This is a tremendous opportunity to build a new program, focused on nursing excellence, integrative healthcare, community partnerships, and commitment to service. Working closely with the Dean of the School of Health Professions and Social Sciences, the Nursing Division Chair will build a talented and diverse faculty and create a nursing program dedicated to addressing health and wellness of the whole person.
The founding Nursing Division Chair will develop, build, and lead a nursing program that will help meet the strong regional and national demand for nurses while expanding the academic and programmatic offerings at Ferrum College. The Nursing Division Chair will identify key opportunities for collaboration, forging meaningful partnerships across campus, throughout the region, and more broadly. The Nursing Division Chair will lead the program through the approval and accreditation process and create a supportive culture of mentorship, academic excellence, and a strong dedication to service.
• Develop a program that addresses the need for well-prepared nursing
professionals, and serves students interested in nursing careers.
• Provide leadership through program approval and accreditation, and once
achieved, ensure regulatory and accreditation requirements are maintained.
• Administer, plan, implement, and evaluate the nursing program and
• Oversee the admission, academic progression and graduation of the students.
• Recommend and administer the program budget, consistent with established
policies of the college.
• Recruit, recommend for hire, evaluate, retain, and support a talented
faculty and staff.
• Coordinate interdisciplinary teaching efforts and dynamic student
experiences outside of the classroom, including innovative internships and
• Model a culture of mentorship and create structures to support and ensure
the success of students from diverse backgrounds.
• Create partnerships across campus, in the region, and around the country to
enhance nursing education and the student experience.
The Nursing Division Chair should be an experienced nurse as well as an academic and administrative leader, capable of inspiring others around a shared mission and a culture of excellence. The Nursing Division Chair should be a dynamic innovator, passionate about forging and navigating key partnerships to establish the new Nursing Program as an exemplary model at Ferrum College and more broadly.
The successful candidate will meet all of the following required criteria:
• Hold a doctoral degree with a graduate degree in nursing.
• Hold a current license or a multistate licensure privilege to practice
nursing in Virginia as a registered nurse without any disciplinary action
that currently restricts practice.
• Have at least two years of direct client care experience as a registered
nurse prior to employment by the program.
• Have additional education and experience necessary to administer, plan,
implement, and evaluate the nursing education program.
The successful candidate will meet most, if not all, of the following preferred criteria:
• Knowledge of accreditation and assessment both at the national and state
level and an understanding of licensure requirements.
• Knowledge and experience in regulatory and accreditation criteria,
procedures and processes for nursing programs in Virginia.
• Proven administrative ability, including budget and financial management,
strategic planning, policy formation, and personnel management.
• Experience developing innovative academic units, programs, and/or degrees
relevant to the Nursing program.
• Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Ferrum College.
• Experience building and maintaining inter-professional linkages and
• A demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity; an
understanding of its importance to the mission of Ferrum College.
• Experience fostering a culture of academic excellence among faculty members.
• The ability to build meaningful, transparent collaborations as the
institution continually strives for excellence in teaching, scholarship, and
• Experience in recruitment, mentoring, and retention of students, faculty,
and staff that will contribute to a diverse and inclusive learning
• Knowledge of undergraduate students’ and program needs.
• The highest degree of personal integrity.
HOW TO APPLY
A comprehensive review of completed applications will begin immediately and will remain open until filled. A letter of interest, including resume, copies of official bachelor’s and graduate transcripts, and three professional references including title and contact information should be sent to the following firstname.lastname@example.org or Office of Human Resources, Ferrum College, P.O. Box 1000, Ferrum, VA 24088.
Ferrum College seeks a full-time teaching and clinical faculty for baccalaureate nursing program. The successful candidate must have a strong commitment to teaching and/or supervising clinical experiences for undergraduate, pre-licensure nursing students.
MSN required, PhD or DNP preferred.
● Current active and unrestricted Registered Nursing (RN) licensure in the state of Virginia or multistate licensure privilege
● At least 2 years direct client care experience as an RN
● Evidence of experience in the licensed specialty area
● Prior experience in nursing education including nursing simulation preferred
Provide high quality nursing instruction in classroom and clinical settings grounded in the liberal arts. Appllicants must have a strong commitment to teaching and/or supervising clinical experiences for undergraduate, pre-licensure nursing students. Successful candidates will participate in advising, program responsibilities, and collaboration across the college as well as commit to mentoring nursing students to practice nursing in a model of high-quality, safe, patient-centered care.
1) Letter of application
2) Current CV
3) Transcripts (unofficial acceptable)
4) Telephone and contact information for 3 references –or- Three letters of reference
Ferrum College offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, life, STD/LTD insurances, paid holidays, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
Completed applications may be submitted to:
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box 1000
Ferrum, VA 24088
Electronic submissions (PDF or Word file attachments) may be emailed to email@example.com. Please Note: A background check is required.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.