Information We Collect
We collect various types of information from our website visitors so we can adjust our websites to meet our users’ needs and expectations. Some of this information is collected automatically and other information is provided by site users.
You provide information to Ferrum College when you fill out online forms on our websites or use a login-required service. Depending on the type of the service, we use your information in different ways as outlined below.
- INQUIRY AND APPLICATION FORMS
- Your contact information is used to contact you by phone and/or email in order to provide you with relevant information about the college.If you do not wish to provide your contact information online, you may contact Admissions and request that information be sent through the mail.
- DONATING TO THE COLLEGE
- Your financial information is used for billing.
- If you do not wish to provide your contact or financial information online, you may contact:
- LOGIN SITES AND SERVICES
- Various websites and web services of Ferrum College require users to log in to gain access to information and tools reserved for students, faculty, and staff.
- Creation of a login account requires you to provide your student or faculty/staff email, along with the account password you created for your email account.
Our college websites have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control.
Ferrum College does not sell, rent, or share your personal information with any outside organizations. Ferrum College will abide by all applicable laws governing the release of personal information.
Collective information about site users—but never individuals’ information—is used in marketing, advertising and other relationships with third parties.
HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
Ferrum College uses information collected automatically to better understand the needs of website visitors so that we may improve our websites and services.