Ferrum College is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our website. This policy is your guide to how we will handle information we learn about you from your visit to our website.
Information We Collect
You provide information to Ferrum College when you fill out online forms on our websites or use a login-required service. Depending on the type of the service, we use your information in different ways as outlined below.
- INQUIRY AND APPLICATION FORMS
- Your contact information is used to contact you by phone and/or email in order to provide you with relevant information about the college. If you do not wish to provide your contact information online, you may contact Office of Admissions and request that information be sent through the mail.
- PURCHASING MERCHANDISE OR DONATING TO THE COLLEGE
- LOGIN SITES AND SERVICES
- Various websites and web services of Ferrum College require users to log in to gain access to information and tools reserved for students, faculty, and staff.
- Creation of a login account requires you to provide your student or faculty/staff email, along with the account password you created for your email account.
Our college websites have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control.
Ferrum College does not sell, rent, or share your personal information with any outside organizations. Ferrum College will abide by all applicable laws governing the release of personal information.
Collective information about site users—but never individuals’ information—is used in marketing, advertising and other relationships with third parties.
HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
Ferrum College uses information collected automatically to better understand the needs of website visitors so that we may improve our websites and services.
Cookies and User Data
We collect limited, non-personal identifying information your browser makes available when visiting websites. This information—which helps us assess the effectiveness of our websites—includes:
- Your Internet Protocol address (I.P. address)
- The Browser type (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.)
- Your computer’s operating system (Windows, Macintosh, etc.)
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) (I.E.: AOL, Earthlink, etc.)
- URLs of the websites you come to our websites from
- The pages on our website that you visit
- Your country, territory, or region
Data collected using the following services:
Ferrum College utilizes Google Analytics
- CONTACTING THE USER
Opt-Out or Change Your Contact Information
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us. You may also update your information previously provided to us through another online form.
HOW TO UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION