Transfer to Ferrum College
We welcome transfer students from two and four year colleges and universities. Our team is dedicated to making your transition as seamless as possible. To help with that process, please provide official college transcripts to the Admissions Office for a preliminary credit evaluation in order to maximize your transfer credits. You can also view our Course Equivalency Document to learn more.
Ferrum College has the ideal combination of support and unique opportunities you need to succeed. We are committed to your experience as a transfer thereby providing you with full consideration for housing, financial aid, and campus co-curricular activities.
How to Apply
- Complete the Ferrum College Application for Admission.
- Send us an official transcript for all colleges attended. Official transcripts should be mailed directly to:
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 1000
Ferrum, VA 24088
- A letter explaining all gaps of educational history are required.
- If you have been out of high school for less than one year, and have completed fewer than 24 college credits, your high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores are also required. For 2017 applicants, Ferrum College will accept both the RSAT and the old SAT. We will compare your scores using concordance tables to determine your highest scores on either test. Sending your scores each time you take the SAT allows Ferrum College to consider you all available enrollment-related opportunities.
- If you have been out of high school for more than one year, and have completed fewer than 24 college credits, your final high school transcript is required.