Apply as a First Time Freshman
Candidates for admission to Ferrum College must have graduated from an accredited high school or have earned an equivalency certificate based on GED tests.
Ferrum College also welcomes home schooled students. The admission and scholarship processes and requirements for home schooled students are the same as for all other first time in college students.
How to Apply
- Complete the Ferrum College Application for Admission.
If you apply online, the application fee will be waived. If you are mailing the application to us, please include the $25 application fee.
- Send your official high school transcripts to us.
GED recipients must submit proof of GED or equivalency certification. Ask your guidance counselor to send your official high school transcript directly to:
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 1000
Ferrum, VA 24088
- Send your College Entrance Examination Scores from the SAT or the ACT.
Scores will be sent directly to Ferrum College if you list the college code on your exam form. The Ferrum College code is 5213 for the SAT and 4352 for the ACT.
Recommended High School Curriculum
The recommended high school curriculum for first time freshman students consists of:
• Four years of English
• Three years of Mathematics (at least through Algebra 1)
• Three years of Social Science (History, Government, Economics, etc)
• Two years of Foreign Languages
• Two years of Science (at least one lab)
• Two years of Electives
ACT & SAT Information
Ferrum College accepts either the ACT (4352) or SAT (5315). Sending your scores each time you take the SAT and/or ACT can benefit you by allowing Ferrum College to consider you for all available enrollment-related opportunities.