How to Deposit
Submit your $250 Enrollment Deposit as soon as possible indicating your intention to attend Ferrum College. This deposit will be credited to your student account for Fall Semester 2022. This deposit is refundable until May 1, 2022.
To make your enrollment deposit online, use the Self-Service tool by following these steps:
- Go to the Self Service App within your Single Sign On (SSO) dashboard and then select “Student Finance”.
- Your Account Summary will appear, click on the “Make a Payment” button on the right and “Total Amount
Due” should be selected.
- Select “Credit Card from the Payment Method” dropdown box. Click the box by “Select Enrollment
Deposit” and then click “Proceed to Payment”.
- A payment preview screen will appear and “Pay Now” should be selected. You will be redirected to the
payment processor. Enter credit or debit card information and follow prompts to submit payment.
Financial Aid Checklist
- Complete FAFSA application at https://studentaid.gov/ using Ferrum School code 003711.
- Finalize your financial aid
- Complete documents in Financial Aid Self-Service
- Complete the Housing form and submit preferences. View the Residence Life and Housing page.
- Register and attend ONE summer PAWS orientation session. Learn more here.
- All new students are required to attend one PAWS orientation session
- Complete course preference questionnaire
- Check your Ferrum College email for important information and updates
- Complete student health form(s)
- Health form must be completed by student and physician
- Student-athletes require a physical and additional forms
- Request and send final transcripts upon graduation or end of semester
- Complete online check-in process beginning August 1
- Financial aid documents must be finalized
- Payment arrangement must be finalized
- Move in and attend the New Student Orientation/Connection Weekend
- Start your first day of classes
Pre-registration Assessment Workshops (PAWS)
What is Panther PAWS?
Panther PAWS is an event for new students and their families. New Ferrum families come to campus for a day to make new friends, learn about the college, and meet administrators, professors, and staff members.
What can Panther PAWS do for you?
- Introduce you to other Ferrum College students
- Introduce you to many of the people who will work with you here
- Help you and your family learn about services provided by the College
- Provide you the opportunity to talk with faculty about academic programs and classes at Ferrum
Who should come to Panther PAWS?
All admitted students who have paid their $250 Enrollment Deposit must attend one of our PAWS sessions. Parents, guardians, or one or two other family members are strongly encouraged to attend as well.
How do you register for Panther PAWS?
You must submit your confirmation deposit in order to be able to access PAWS registration. For detailed information on the Enrollment Checklist, click here.
What can you expect at PAWS?
You should plan to arrive on campus and check in between 9:00 and 10:00 a.m. in the Atrium of Franklin Hall, our student center. To help you find your way, visit our campus map and directions to Ferrum College.
A light breakfast will be available at check-in, and lunch will be provided in the dining hall. PAWS activities last until 4:00 p.m.
Unfortunately, we cannot provide lodging on campus for PAWS participants. See the local accommodations page for more information about options nearby.
Is there a charge?
Your $85.00 Freshman Fee will cover the cost of PAWS for you and up to two guests. This fee is charged to all first-year students and will be added to your bill. There is an extra charge of $20.00 per person for any additional PAWS guests beyond two, which will also be charged to your student account. You will not need to make any payments prior to or during PAWS.