Undergraduate Aid and Affordability
Your Investment in a Ferrum College Education
Tomorrow’s value cannot be measured only in today’s cost. Your future holds limitless possibilities; a future where jobs and careers are invented every day; a future where a Ferrum College education provides you the versatility and adaptability to ensure enduring professional and personal success.
For information about graduate aid and affordability, click here.
Franklin County Grant
Students residing in Franklin County will receive up to $4000 ($1000 per year) in need-based financial aid. In order to receive this grant you must submit:
- Admissions Application (www.ferrum.edu/apply)
- High School Transcript
- Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (www.fafsa.gov)
Those who are eligible and qualify will be notified through their financial aid award offer.
Lettie Pate Whitehead Foundation Scholarship
Click here to learn more about and apply for the Lettie Pate Whitehead Scholarship.
- Recipients are eligible to receive $8,000 ($2,000 per year)
- This scholarship is competitive and open to Christian females with high financial need residing in the nine Southeastern states: Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi
Deadline: February 1, 2021
Ferrum College Is More Affordable Than You Might Think
- Student costs at Ferrum are less than those of 80% of other private colleges and universities in Virginia
- 99% of Ferrum College students receive financial aid
- 60% of students are Pell Grant eligible
- Currently, Ferrum College awards over $20 million in institutional aid each year
- The average four-year scholarship and grant package for full-time students is over $100,000
Tuition and Fees
- Annual Tuition – $36,480
- Room and Board – $12,400*
- Part-time for 1-6 credit hours tuition cost is $735 per credit hour
- Part-time for 7-11 credit hours tuition cost is $1020 per credit hour
*Varies per housing option and does not include apartment style accommodations
Financial Aid at Ferrum College
The Financial Aid staff will help you navigate the process of identifying and securing the financial resources for college costs including academic and merit awards, need-based grants, loans and work-study, as well as tuition payment options such as Interest-Free Monthly Payment Plans.