- Social Media – A lot of entertainers are offering free concerts, lessons, and speeches etc.
- Zoos (i.e. San Diego Zoo) and Museums (i.e. Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History) are offering virtual tours.
- FREE Books from Audible
- PBS – Free Broadway
- BroadwayHD Is Letting You Watch Your Favorite Musicals For Free
- Free Musicals and Plays
- Garth Brooks Concert
- Virtual Museum Tours
- NPR list of free things!
- Free Virtual Field Trips
- PBS announced Sunday that it would be streaming Ken Burns’ 1994 documentary miniseries Baseball for free.
- New York City’s Metropolitan Opera has canceled upcoming performances, but it’s tapping its strategic opera reserves to keep the nation’s opera levels high. Since 2006, the company has been transmitting live performances to movie theaters via satellite as part of a series called The Met: Live in HD; now the Met will be streaming those performances for free, one per day, for the duration of the closure. Each opera will be available on the Met’s website at 7:30 p.m. Eastern and will remain available to stream until 3:30 p.m. Eastern the next day. They’ll also be available through the Met’s Opera on Demand apps.
- Free couch concerts!!! https://www.livenation.com/livefromhome
- Don’t forget our very own Blue Ridge Institute & Museum! View these three online exhibits at the BRIM: https://www.ferrum.edu/blueridgeinstitute/onlineexhibits/
- Nikon offering free photography lessons until April 30: Click here for the details!
- CNET has a great article on “free stuff” that covers free streaming services, educational resources, games, and more! Check out the list here!
- Tour some of the most iconic and breathtaking places in the U.S., such as The Grand Canyon, the Great Smoky Mountains, and Zion National Park: https://upgradedpoints.com/virtual-tours-of-national-parks-in-us
Free Textbook Rentals:
RedShelf is offering FREE textbook rentals through 5/25.
Marco Polo is a free app where you can send short videos to your friends and see their faces while you’re communicating. It’s a mix of FaceTime and text! You don’t have to be watching it when they are recording, you can catch up later and respond anytime!