New Student Move-In
AUGUST 20 – 22
Returning Student Move-In
First Day of Classes
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, you MUST successfully complete the online check-in process prior to arriving on campus.
- Check-in online using Panther Portal (https://portal.ferrum.edu). Click on the “check-in” icon and follow all the instructions. Online check-in begins Sunday, August 1, 2021, and must be completed by 5 PM on Friday, August 20, 2021.
- Once you’ve checked-in online, you will receive an email with the subject line “Student Self-Service Reservations Confirmation.” Screenshot or print your online reservation confirmation and bring it with you to campus when you move in.
- Early arrival students must check-in online before arriving on campus.
ALL students, returning and new, will report to Franklin Hall to let us know of your arrival, collect relevant information, and pick up keys. At that time you will be dismissed to move into your residence hall.
Due to the pandemic, we will not allow anyone to move in before their scheduled time. Please arrive as close to the beginning of your scheduled time as possible, as all non-students will need to vacate campus by the end of the time allotment. We are also limiting each student to two helpers and no one under 16 is permitted on campus at that time. For questions or concerns around this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Bring, What to Leave at Home
What to Bring (COVID-19 edition)*
Please pack minimum belongings for the semester. The state of Virginia could give us as little as 48 hours notice to close and clear campus in the event of a resurgence. Because of this, students are asked to pack VERY lightly and to have an emergency transportation plan in place. We will not be able to store any personal belongings after departure and anything left behind will be donated to charity.
- suitcases/flattened boxes/totes – things that may be adequate to pack belongings quickly
- masks or cloth face coverings (minimum of 7 reusable encouraged)
- hand sanitizer
- hand soap
- cleaning wipes or products
*If you need help acquiring any of these items, please contact the Office of Student Life and Engagement at email@example.com.
Things to Leave at Home
- Furniture or other things requiring assembly