What Skill Level Are You?
- You have very little or no experience with the dulcimer.
- You need to learn how to tune and strum the instrument.
- You are thinking, “It’s been a long time since I’ve played a mountain dulcimer.”
- You can play a few tunes by ear and/or by using tablature.
- You are starting to make chords.
- You are comfortable playing at a slower pace from notation or tab.
- You have mastered the novice skills.
- You can play songs up to speed with confidence using melody and chords.
- You are familiar with chords and scales.
- You are working on more complex chording and capo use.
- You are familiar with left hand techniques, hammer-on’s, and pull-off’s.
- You have knowledge of right and left hand techniques such as flatpicking.
- You know the instrument well.
- You can play backup for others.
- You are comfortable playing in different styles and tunings.
- You are focusing on style, arrangement, and ornamentation.
- You are ready for more challenging techniques and repertoire.
Workshops with a listed skill level of “ALL” are suitable for players of any skill level