- What did you study when you were at Ferrum?
- I double majored in English and Spanish with a minor in Democracy, Justice, and Civic Engagement
- What made you want to come Ferrum and stay here?
- I chose Ferrum because it was close to home and I received a large scholarship through the Boone Honors Program.
- What were you involved in on campus?
- During my time at Ferrum some friends and I started the Lions Branch Club. Through this club, I was able to be involved in the Ferrum Lions Club. It was a wonderful opportunity to be a part of the community in which I was living for most of the year.
- Since you’ve graduated, what are you up to now?
- I currently teach 9th and 10th grade English in Marianna, Arkansas.
- How did Ferrum prepare you for what you’re doing right now?
- While I was a student at Ferrum, I was able to present at various undergraduate research conferences. This experience has been especially helpful in the classroom because I present information all day long.
- Have you been back to visit Ferrum since you’ve graduated?
- Yes! I have attended both Homecomings since my graduation, and I have visited a couple of other times to see professors and friends.
- Why should a senior in high school consider attending Ferrum College?
- When attend Ferrum College, you are immediately welcomed into the Ferrum family. Everyone at Ferrum wants to see students succeed and go above and beyond to help students reach their goals!
- Did you consider Ferrum to be your home when you attended here?
- I still consider Ferrum to be my home!
- What’s your favorite thing about being a Ferrum Alumni?
- There is still a sense of community. Once you are a part of the Ferrum family, you never leave!
Jessa King 2016