About Coronavirus (COVID-19)
What You Need To Know
There are no known cases of COVID-19 at Ferrum College or in the Ferrum, VA area.
Get The Latest Updates
This situation continues to evolve. Click here to read the latest updates.
Contact Ferrum College
- For questions related to COVID-19, contact the Office of Student Life & Engagement at 540-365-4461 or email@example.com.
- To make an appointment with Tri-Area Community Health Center at Ferrum College, call 540-365-4469.
Ways To Prevent Illness
- Wash your hands using the following steps:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap.
- Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
- If soap and water aren’t available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub together until they’re dry.
- Try not to touch your face.
- Maintain at least three feet distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily (doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, sinks, etc.). View a disinfection guide on the CDC’s website here.
If You Think You’re Sick
- Call your healthcare provider first to inform them of your symptoms.
- Avoid close contact with others. Only leave your home to see medical care (if necessary).
- Cough into your elbow or a tissue. Throw the tissue in the trash and then wash your hands for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.