Visit Ferrum College
Schedule a Virtual Experience
All students who enroll full-time at Ferrum College for Fall 2020 and make an official visit (virtual or on-campus) between spring of their junior year and June 1, 2020 are eligible to receive our Campus Visit Scholarship. Additionally, students who enroll full-time at Ferrum College for Spring 2021 and make an official visit (virtual or on-campus) between June 1, 2020 and December 11, 2020. Eligible students will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship per academic year ($500 per semester), which is renewable for four years. Click here for additional Campus Visit Scholarship Information (keep hyperlink). Click here for additional Campus Visit Scholarship Information.
Saturday, September 26, 2020
Join Ferrum College staff, faculty, and students for a virtual information session. See for yourself why Ferrum is the best choice for you.
September 14- November 5
Register to learn more about Ferrum at our virtual college fair. Our Admissions Counselors are excited to speak with you about all of the opportunities available for our Panthers. Hear about academic majors, athletics, clubs and financial aid opportunities.
Saturday, October 3rd at 10 AM
Join Ferrum College faculty to learn more about program options offered through the School of Graduate and Online Education Studies. Our integrated approach to education will prepare you to be successful in your professional life.
Friday, October 23rd at 2 PM
Meet with coaches and members of the Athletics staff, hear from current student-athletes, and Ferrum Alumni. You will also learn about the admissions process and how our Panther PRIDE program will support your academic and personal success.
Make the Most of Your Visit
At any time of the year:
- Talk with Admissions or Financial Aid staff about opportunities for scholarships and other financial assistance.
- Ask us if a faculty member or athletic coach would be available to meet with you during your visit.
- Request to have lunch in our dining hall.
- Explore! In addition to a tour, make sure you see as much of campus and the surrounding area as possible.
Additional options when classes are in session (fall & spring semesters):
- Sit in on a college class to see campus through the eyes of a current student.
- Schedule an appointment with a faculty member to discuss your major of interest.
- Request a personal meeting with an athletic coach.
- Inquire about an athletic game, student activity, or other event taking place on the day of your visit. You can view our Events Calendar to assist you.
- Talk with all Ferrum students you encounter during your visit to learn about their experiences and why they chose Ferrum!
Students, parents, family members, and friends are all invited to visit campus! The Admissions Office conducts regularly scheduled tours and information sessions. During the week, we will also arrange appointments with coaches, faculty, financial aid, or others upon request depending on their availability.
Monday – Friday: 9:00 A.M., 11:00 A.M., 1:00 P.M. & 3:00 P.M.
Saturday: 9:00 A.M. & 11:00 A.M.
Additional Campus Visit Scholarship Information
An official visit is one arranged with the admissions office, a coach, or other college representative. Official visits may include:
- Touring campus with a representative of the admissions office
- An interview with an admissions counselor
- Attending an Open House Program
- Participating in a group visit arranged by a high school or another entity
- Participating in an athletic recruitment visit **
- Attending any special visit opportunity hosted by the admissions office
** Students visiting campus as athletic recruits or at the invitation of other college representatives must notify the Admissions Office by phone at 540.365.4290 (or 800.868.9797, option 1), by email at email@example.com, or by having the individual coordinating the visit contact our office. In most cases, those arranging official visits will include a meeting with an admissions counselor, which will also qualify the student for the scholarship.
Students attending Ferrum College through a program that meets or exceeds their tuition are ineligible for the campus visit scholarship. Such programs may include but are not limited to the tuition benefits, tuition exchange, and veteran administration benefits/military programs.