Make the Most of Your Visit
At any time of the year:
- Talk with Admissions or Financial Aid staff about opportunities for scholarships and other financial assistance.
- Ask us if a faculty member or athletic coach would be available to meet with you during your visit.
- Request to have lunch in our dining hall.
- Explore! In addition to a tour, make sure you see as much of campus and the surrounding area as possible.
Additional options when classes are in session (fall & spring semesters):
- Sit in on a college class to see campus through the eyes of a current student.
- Schedule an appointment with a faculty member to discuss your major of interest.
- Request a personal meeting with an athletic coach.
- Inquire about an athletic game, student activity, or other event taking place on the day of your visit. You can view our Events Calendar to assist you.
- Talk with all Ferrum students you encounter during your visit to learn about their experiences and why they chose Ferrum!
Spring 2020 On and Off Campus Events:
Virtual Campus Tour
Friday, April 3 at 2 PM
Join Ferrum College Admissions staff and students for a virtual information session and campus tour. See for yourself why Ferrum is the right choice for you.
Virtual Campus Visit Experience
Every Tuesday and Friday in April at 2 PM
Join Ferrum College staff, faculty, and students for a virtual information session and campus tour. See for yourself why Ferrum is the right choice for you.
Students, parents, family members, and friends are all invited to visit campus! The Admissions Office conducts regularly scheduled tours and information sessions. During the week, we will also arrange appointments with coaches, faculty, financial aid, or others upon request depending on their availability.
Monday – Friday: 10:00 a.m. & 2:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m.
Group Tour (POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)
Throughout the year, the Admissions Office offers walking tours and information sessions to groups. Group tours are only available to middle school and older students.
If you are interested in scheduling a group tour, please contact our office at 800.868.9797, option 1, several weeks in advance.
Additional Campus Visit Scholarship Information
An official visit is one arranged with the admissions office, a coach, or other college representative. Official visits may include:
- Touring campus with a representative of the admissions office
- An interview with an admissions counselor
- Attending an Open House Program
- Participating in a group visit arranged by a high school or another entity
- Participating in an athletic recruitment visit **
- Attending any special visit opportunity hosted by the admissions office
** Students visiting campus as athletic recruits or at the invitation of other college representatives must notify the Admissions Office by phone at 540.365.4290 (or 800.868.9797, option 1), by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by having the individual coordinating the visit contact our office. In most cases, those arranging official visits will include a meeting with an admissions counselor, which will also qualify the student for the scholarship.
Students attending Ferrum College through a program that meets or exceeds their tuition are ineligible for the campus visit scholarship. Such programs may include but are not limited to the tuition benefits, tuition exchange, and veteran administration benefits/military programs.