#YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship Program
Ferrum College is a proud participant in the #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship program. Starting in Fall 2020, Ferrum College will offer two annual, renewable scholarships that cover at least 50 percent of tuition to selected international undergraduate students dedicated to advancing intercultural learning and bridging cultural divides.
To apply for Ferrum’s You Are Welcome Here Scholarship, applicants must:
- Seek first-year international admissions to Ferrum College.
- Attend (or have graduated from) a secondary school outside of the United States.
- Demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
- Complete the scholarship application.
Applicants to all academic majors are welcome to apply.
- Students must first apply for admissions to Ferrum College and submit all required application materials. Ferrum College Application for Admission
- Submit Ferrum College’s You Are Welcome Here application by February 3, 2020. The deposit deadline for students admitted to Ferrum College and selected for the scholarship will be May 1, 2020.
Complete the Ferrum College Application for Admission.
- You will receive an enrollment decision within a week to ten (10) days after the Ferrum College Admissions Office has received your completed application, high school transcript and your official test scores.
- You will also receive information about how to accept our offer of admission and begin the enrollment process.
- You will need to complete the steps listed under Requirements to acquire your student visa.
Submit your official high school transcripts (and college transcripts if you have enrolled in any college or university since completing high school) along with an official translation into English. These should be sent directly to:
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 1000
Ferrum, VA 24088
SAT or ACT Scores
Send your College Entrance Examination Scores. We will accept official test scores for any of the following college entrance exams:
- SAT (list our Ferrum College code: 5213)
- ACT (list our Ferrum College code: 4352)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Submit a copy of the front and back of your current passport and visa if you have one.
Once you have been admitted to Ferrum College, you will need to complete the following steps to secure your student visa:
- Submit a completed Certificate of Finance Statement
- Submit an original copy of a bank statement from your banking institution verifying that the person responsible for paying your education at Ferrum has the ability to pay for at least one year of tuition, room, board, and fees.
- Submit your confirmation deposit indicating that you do plan to attend Ferrum College.The I-20 Form will be mailed to you once you have been accepted for admission and have sufficiently demonstrated the ability to pay tuition, room, board, and fees. You will need to make an appointment at the embassy in your home country to secure your F1 visa. If you are already in the United States, you may be able to secure a new I-20 without returning to your home country depending on the type of visa you currently have.