At Ferrum College, we welcome international students from around the world. We currently have students from over a dozen nations in Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America, and we look forward to growing our program. International students enrich our academic and co-curricular life, and contribute a variety of valuable perspectives. Ferrum College is committed to diversity, recognizing it as a strength in helping all of our students graduate as good citizens of the world. We are a welcoming, supportive community in which individuals matter, and we encourage students to explore how their Ferrum College education can help them find their place in the world.
Ferrum College accepts applications from all over the world, and we want to make the process as easy as possible.
If you have questions about a specific program of study, please fill out this short form so that we can send you information: http://admissions.ferrum.edu/request-information/
International students need to complete the same application as U.S. Citizens. Please not that all documents sent as part of your application, including letters of recommendation, need to be in English. You can find our application and admissions instructions here: http://admissions.ferrum.edu/apply/international/
Current international students must keep in contact with the Office of International Programs and respond to emails and messages. If you have questions or need help throughout your time at Ferrum College, you are encouraged to reach out to Dr. Suppes: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of International Programs is a safe space for students. You can come in for advice, to ask a question, or just to chat. We will have more and more opportunities for campus engagement through our office, so keep an eye out for that and help us make your time at Ferrum a transformative and enjoyable experience.
- Check your email daily!
- Make friends with American students, especially your Cultural Ambassadors.
- Go to class! Do not be late or miss classes unless you are genuinely sick. If you have to miss, be sure you contact your professors.
- Use our Academic Resources; Ferrum provides students with a number of academic tools to help you succeed. Make sure you use the Writing Center, the Math Center, and our free PAL tutors.
- Join a campus club. There is a Club Fair every semester, and you can find groups to match many interests.
- Use our Office of International Programs as a resource—stop by for a chat, join us for our events, and please tell Dr. Suppes if you need help with anything.
- Connect with your professors—ask questions, go to their office hours, email them if you’re confused. We’re a friendly campus and professors like being able to help you.
- Make sure you make your vacation plans well in advance. You need to be out of the dorms by the deadlines, and you should not miss classes.
- Participate in campus events! Many of the events on campus are free of charge and fun.
- Download Ellucian Go from the app store. This tool helps you locate classes and provides an on-hand schedule.
- August 22-23 International Student Orientation
- August 24-26 Connections Weekend
- August 27 First Day of Classes