Tri-Area Community Health Center Pharmacy at Ferrum is located next door to the Health
Center and provides prescription services as well as over-the-counter items. The Pharmacy
accepts new and transferred prescriptions. Students should bring an original or a
copy of their health insurance card when visiting the Pharmacy.
Payment of co-payment or deductible is expected at the time of service. Those with
student health insurance provided through Ferrum College should be prepared to pay
for prescriptions at the time of service and will need to submit receipts to the insurance
company for reimbursement. Claim forms can be downloaded from http://www.eiia.org/ferrum.
Specific medications provided to students free of charge:
Ferrum College students may receive the following items provided by the Health Center.
Quantities are limited. These are for temporary relief of acute symptoms, not for
long-term chronic conditions. In order to receive these medications, a form may be
completed in the Health Center or Pharmacy and presented.
- Allergy symptom relief: antihistamines and decongestants
- Cough/cold/throat relief: cough syrup, cough drops, throat lozenges, and throat spray
- Pain relief/fever reducer: acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and aspirin
- Stomach illness relief: anti-nausea, anti-diarrhea
- Minor wound care items: band-aids, antibiotic ointment, hydrogen peroxide, first aid
- cream, bandages, alcohol wipes
- Condoms: 5 condoms per request, discreetly packaged for your privacy
Hours of Operation
- Monday- Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Closed
PO Box 519
Ferrum, VA 24088
540-365-9992 – phone
540-365-2718 – fax