Tri-Area Community Health Center at Ferrum provides student health services to the
students of Ferrum College. Students are seen in the Health Center by appointment
during regular business hours. Call 540-365-4469 to schedule an appointment (from
a Ferrum College number call 9-365-4469).
Hours of Operation
Monday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday and Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday – 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday – Closed
PO Box 519
Ferrum, VA 24088
540-365-4469 – phone (from a Ferrum College number call 9-365-4469)
540-365-4272 – fax
Students should bring the following to the Health Center when being seen:
- - original or copy of their insurance card
- - Policy holder information including name, address, date of birth, social security
number, employer, and employer address
- - Information for the person responsible for payment.
- Payment of co-payment or deductible is expected at the time of service.
- Disease prevention
The Health Center provides a wide variety of services, including acute care for illness
and injury, general medical care, gynecology, allergy shots, and immunizations. The
doctor and nurse practitioner can perform physical examinations for general purposes
or for athletic participation, write prescriptions, provide health counseling and
make appropriate referrals if necessary. Allergy Shots: Students who need allergy
shots should check in at the Health Center as soon as possible after arriving to campus.
They are required to be seen by a provider prior to receiving shots at the Health
Center in order to establish them as a patient. Please bring the serum and complete
set of instructions from your allergist. Students are required to adhere to Health
Center policy regarding allergy shots and individuals are responsible for keeping
track of scheduled administration times and appointments.
- Dr. Tabassum Subuhi, MD - Board Certified in Family Medicine
- Beth Hubbard, CFNP - Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Brittany Butler, PAC - Physician Assistant Certified
- Lauren Roux, PAC - Physician Assistant Certifiied
- April Hazelwood, PAC - Physician Assistant Certified
- Dr. Laura Ely - Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Brenda Turman, RN - Director of Clinical Services
- Chastity Berry, LPN - Clinical Nurse Manager
- Mindy Hamm - X-Ray Technician
- Stephanie Brabson - X-Ray Technician
- Jacqueline Jones, LPN
- Christie Hall - Medical Assistant
- Chastity Haynes, LPN
Eligibility and Fees
All full-time students, staff, faculty and dependents of staff and faculty are eligible
for services provided by the Health Center as are members of the community. An appointment
with the provider is handled like an appointment with any medical office. An appointment
is required, health information is gathered, an assessment is done, and the visit
is filed with the patient’s insurance carrier(s). Co-pays are collected at the time
of service. There is no charge for basic services provided by the nursing staff.
The Health Center has a strict policy concerning confidentiality of medical records.
Patient information will not be released to anyone without the student’s written consent.
Health Center personnel MAY NOT provide information to parents of students 18 years
of age or older unless their child has signed a written release form.