At Ferrum College, we want out students to have the most well rounded education possible.
Part of understanding financial aid is having a basic understanding of financial literacy,
such as budgeting, knowing about interest rates, identity theft, and other issues
that students can encounter at any time.
Did You Know?
- You may not be offered a job due to your credit? Many employers are now asking for
credit checks as a condition of employment.
- Financial debt(credit cards/consumer loans) is one of the leading causes that students
drop out of school?
- Better credit scores can mean lower interest rates on consumer loans?
Financial Literacy Websites
Below are some websites that can be accessed and explored to keep students informed
about their finances.
- IGrad-Ferrum has partnered with ECMC Solutions to bring our students information regarding
one on one student loan repayment advice, resume critique, job searches, and much
more. Register online today to get up to date information on many facets of financial
- 360 Financial Literacy-360 Degrees of Financial Literacy from the American Institute of CPA's
- Federal Trade Commission: The FTC website has handy information regarding free annual credit reports, scholarships
scams, identity theft, and private educational loans.
- Educational Credit Management Corporation (ECMC): ECMC Solutions has valuable information regarding issues related to financial literacy
and debt management.
- NFT High School Financial Planning Program: financial planning information for high school students.
- SunTrust Money Management Information: Useful tool for money management, including budgeting etc.
- Student Credit Card Information: Student Credit Cards 101: A Student's Guide to Credit. Tips for college students
and parents of college students alike!
- MyMoney.gov: MyMoney.gov is the U.S. government's website dedicated to teaching all Americans
the basics about financial education. This site has general information about all
kinds of personal finance.