Dear Ferrum College Community,
As I begin my tenure as Vice President for Institutional Advancement, I cannot help
but reflect on the gratitude I have for your participation and the pride I feel for
our endeavors over the last five years. Together we are privileged to have the opportunity
to promote and maintain the Ferrum College mission that is as relevant today as it
was over 100 years ago.
In partnership with alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends of the College,
our Institutional Advancement team can count many accomplishments, a sampling of which
- Completion of the $29 million Centennial Campaign with the majority of gifts earmarked
toward student scholarships
- Impressive state-of-the-art renovations and additions to our facitlities including
Garber Hall, the Arthur Vining Davis Smart Classrooms, the Blue Ridge Institute &
Museum, Hart International Plaza, Dyer Hall, DeHart Botanical Gardens, and more
- Over $7 million in annual campus support through the Ferrum Fund
- Addition of 64 new members to the Beckham Society, which is made up of donors who
have Ferrum College listed as beneficiary in a planned gift
- Expansion of the Executive in Residence program and the Forum for Critical Thinking,
Innovation & Leadership
- Great strides in athletics with the Hank Norton Athletic Center, the Norton-Tolley
Press Box, the W.B. Adams Stadium artificial turf project, renovated wrestling facilities,
and a current offering of 20 NCAA Division III athletic programs for our men and women
You are the guiding force behind our progress and I look forward to many more years
of working with you to provide the resources necessary to educate deserving students
to become productive citizens in our communities. I am confident that our efforts
will be successful.
Thank you again for continuing to demonstrate your belief in and show your support
for Ferrum College.
If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call on us. We are just
a phone call or an email away!
With warm regards,
George W. Seals
Vice President for Institutional Advancement