At Ferrum College, we want out students to have the most well rounded education possible. Part of understanding financial aid is having a basic understanding of financial literacy, such as budgeting, knowing about interest rates, identity theft, and other issues that students can encounter at any time.
Did You Know?
- You may not be offered a job due to your credit? Many employers are now asking for credit checks as a condition of employment.
- Financial debt(credit cards/consumer loans) is one of the leading causes that students drop out of school?
- Better credit scores can mean lower interest rates on consumer loans?
Financial Literacy Websites
Below are some websites that can be accessed and explored to keep students informed about their finances.
- IGrad-Ferrum has partnered with ECMC Solutions to bring our students information regarding one on one student loan repayment advice, resume critique, job searches, and much more. Register online today to get up to date information on many facets of financial literacy!
- 360 Financial Literacy-360 Degrees of Financial Literacy from the American Institute of CPA’s
- Federal Trade Commission: The FTC website has handy information regarding free annual credit reports, scholarships scams, identity theft, and private educational loans.
- Educational Credit Management Corporation (ECMC): ECMC Solutions has valuable information regarding issues related to financial literacy and debt management.
- Student Credit Card Information: Student Credit Cards 101: A Student’s Guide to Credit. Tips for college students and parents of college students alike!
- MyMoney.gov: MyMoney.gov is the U.S. government’s website dedicated to teaching all Americans the basics about financial education. This site has general information about all kinds of personal finance.
- Wells Fargo-planning tips, tools and resources