The Blue Ridge Institute & Museum of Ferrum College is once again looking for musicians
and bands who have never before performed at FloydFest to play Roots & Americana music
on the College-sponsored Workshop Stage at FloydFest 13 (July 23 – 27). The selected
musicians/bands will play one set per day at least two of the five festival days.
This is great opportunity to showcase your talents before a large music-loving audience,
AND you will be an automatic contender in Floydfest 13’s On the Rise competition.
DEADLINE: Monday, February 10, 2014 at 5:00pm
In a nutshell, here’s how it works: Get your audition materials to the Blue Ridge
Institute & Museum-day before 5 p.m., February 10th. The BRI&M staff will select
a list of semi-finalists and send it to the Floydfest folks. The Floydfest folks will
select the winning artists and create the performance schedules. Click here for the finer detail.
The winning artists will:
- Perform on the Workshop Stage and possibly other stages.
- Play at least one set per day at least two days of the festival.
- Receive artist passes, guest passes, onsite artist parking, onsite artist camping,
- Be featured on the Floydfest website and in the printed program.
- Be automatically entered in Floydfest 13’s On the Rise competition (which has its own rewards).
There is no cash payment involved—just plenty of exposure, bragging rights, and the
fun of playing Floydfest 13.