Friday, June 10 – Sunday, June 12 | Blue Ridge Farm Museum, Ferrum VA
Lead instructor Tim Huppe brings to the workshop over 50 years’ experience as an ox
teamster and yoke maker. He is the Farm Manager at New Hampshire’s Sanborn Mills Farm.
- Workshops in driving, training, and yoking (teams and single oxen)
- Hands-on learning with a foremost authority on draft oxen
- Activities for all skill levels, novice to experienced
- Multiple oxen teams to work with onsite
- Youth Scholarships for Participants 8 – 15 Years Old
- Residence Hall Lodging, Onsite Camping, and Meal Packages Available
The weekend’s sessions will explore the essentials of buying, haltering, training,
driving, and working the slow-moving powerhouses that were once a mainstay of farming
and logging. Oxen in the Blue Ridge participants will practice with a variety of teams and breeds in activities geared
for people of all skill levels—including novices.
Registration Fee: $200 (Pre-registration required at https://ferrumcollege.wufoo.com/forms/kvdtkr30zbyfqp/ )
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 540-365-4412, www.blueridgeinstitute.org