Ferrum College Community,
Ferrum College utilizes the e2Campus alert system to communicate accurately and effectively
to our campus community. E2campus allows us to instantly send notifications through
multiple channels including e-mail, cell phone, Twitter and Facebook.
In our continuing effort to ensure our notifications are received the most effective
way, the College is converting the current opt-in system (that requires users to sign
up to receive e2campus alerts) to an opt-out system, which will allow us to send text message alerts to all students, faculty and staff who have a current cell phone number in our database.
The opt-out system went into effect Friday, February 21, 2014.
- This change will affect all current students, faculty and staff.
- Current e2campus users who already receive alerts from us will continue to do so as
they have in the past.
- We will continue our multi-modal approach that includes sending alert emails and posting
notifications to our campus web pages, as well as our Facebook and Twitter sites.
- Ferrum College will not send spam to your cell phone number.
- Message and data rates may apply.
- Why are text alerts important to me?
Alerts received at the right time can help keep you safe during an emergency. With
our e2Campus alert system, warnings will also be sent to your mobile device, which
is often the most effective and immediate method of communication.
- What type of alerts will I receive?
You will receive e2campus alerts regarding extreme weather conditions, schedule changes,
campus emergencies, and other important messages.
- What if the College does not have my current cell phone number?
If we do not have your current cell phone number, please update your information by
logging into your iAssistant menu via Panther Portal > Applications > iAssistant.
Hover over the Self-Service menu and click on Emergency Information Maintenance
- What if I do not want to receive e2campus text alerts?
We strongly encourage everyone in the Ferrum College community to make certain they
receive the text message alerts sent through the e2campus system. However, if you
do not wish to receive the e2campus alerts on you cell phone, you will receive an
initial “You have been registered…” text with an option to opt-out.
- What if I want to stop receiving e2campus text alerts?
If you want to stop receiving e2campus text alerts, simply text STOP to 79516 or reply
to any received alert with STOP.
- What if I text STOP and want to undo it?
If you want to reactivate your number and begin to receive e2campus text alerts again, simply text YES to 79516 and your number will be reactivated.
- What if I do not have a cell phone?
You will still receive e2campus alerts sent to your ferrum.edu email.
How to Opt-Out
You may opt-out of email alerts only, SMS alerts only, or the entire service, you
can simply reply to any text message from us with the word "OPTOUT" and only the word
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up for a New Account
Log-In to an Existing Account