Applying as a Transfer
Whether you’re transferring from a community college, a large university, or anything in between, Ferrum welcomes you!
There are three ways to complete your application to Ferrum:
- Create an Account to Apply Online
- Download, print and, mail the PDF application
- Contact our Admissions office to request a paper copy
You are considered a transfer student if:
- You have enrolled at another college or university since high school graduation and prior to applying for admission to Ferrum College.
If you meet both conditions, all you need to do is:
· Create an Account to Apply Online
· Provide a letter explaining all gaps of educational history.
· Send an official transcript for all colleges attended. To assist you in requesting your college transcripts, you can use the Transcript Request form.
If you have been out of high school for less than one year, or have completed fewer than 24 college credits, your high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores are also required.
If you have been out of high school for more than one year, and have completed fewer than 24 college credits, your high school transcript and a letter explaining all gaps of educational history are required.
What happens after I Apply?
When will I receive a decision?
You will receive a decision packet of information within a week to ten (10) days after the Ferrum College Admissions Office has received your completed application materials.
I will need financial aid. How do I apply?
After January 1st, you and your parents will need to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The financial aid office will send you a financial aid award letter.
Who should I call if I have questions?
You and your parents should feel free to call or e-mail the Ferrum College Admissions Office (see contact information above). In addition, you will be assigned a personal Admissions Counselor who will walk you through the enrollment process. The counselor assignments based on the student's last name are listed below.
Edwina Prunty - Roanoke, Lynchburg/Charlottesville, North Carolina
- Katie Carter - Southside Virginia, Richmond, North Carolina
- Jason Byrd - Shenandoah Valley, Northern Virginia (Manassas, Winchester, Fredericksburg)
- Lindsey Hager - Fairfax/Arlington/Alexandria, DC area, Maryland
- Tiffany Gordon - Southwest Virginia, Virginia Beach/Tidewater, Tappahannock/Hampton
How do I schedule a visit?
You may schedule a private tour online or contact the Admissions Office. We will be happy to help you schedule your visit. You may also register to come during one of our Panther Preview sessions during the fall or spring.