Visit the Ferrum College Admissions Facebook
page and stay informed!
"I really appreciate the time I spent at Ferrum. What I miss the most is the "connection" between students and professors. They are there to help, always. They know who you are, they want to learn your culture and
they care for you as their own kids. You get amazing opportunities you would probably never get elsewhere: you could be a Residence Advisor, a competition speaker and a true leader. Nothing prepares you better than
the real world, and Ferrum College is the real deal."
-Yun Zhu '09
Preparing for College
Tuition & Fees
Student Life FAQ
Transcript Request Form
Applying as an International Student
There are three ways to complete your application to Ferrum:
- Create an Account to Apply Online
- Download, print and, mail the PDF application
- Contact our Admissions office to request a paper copy
How to Apply:
1. Complete the Ferrum College Application for Admission. If you apply online, the application fee will be waived. If you are mailing the application to us, please include the $25 application fee.
2. Submit official high school transcripts (and college transcripts if you have enrolled in any college or university since completing high school) along with an official translation into English. These should be sent directly to:
- Ferrum College
- Office of Admissions
- P.O. Box 1000
- Ferrum, VA 24088
3. Send your College Entrance Examination Scores from the SAT or the ACT by listing the Ferrum College code. The Ferrum College code is 5213 for the SAT and 4352 for the ACT. NOTE: If your native language is a language other than English, you may submit official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) in place of the SAT or ACT.
4. Submit a copy of the front and back of your current passport and visa if you have one.
What happens after I Apply?
You will be notified of a decision by e-mail within a few weeks of the Ferrum College Admissions Office receiving your completed application, transcripts, and test scores. You will also receive information about how to accept our offer of admission and begin the enrollment process.
Getting Your Student Visa to Study at Ferrum College
Once you have been admitted to Ferrum College, you will need to complete the following steps to secure your student visa:
1. Submit a completed the Certificate of Finance Statement (link to form)
2. Submit an original copy of a bank statement from your banking institution verifying that the person responsible for paying your education at Ferrum has the ability to pay for at least one year of tuition, room, board, and fees.
3. Submit your confirmation deposit indicating that you do plan to attend Ferrum College.
The I-20 Form will be mailed to you once you have been accepted for admission and have sufficiently demonstrated the ability to pay tuition, room, board, and fees. You will need to make an appointment at the embassy in your home country to secure your F1 visa. If you are already in the United States, you may be able to secure a new I-20 without returning to your home country depending on the type of visa you currently have.
I will need financial aid. How do I apply?
International students are only eligible to receive our international scholarship. The amount of the scholarship is determined by your academic record and test scores. You will be notified of the amount of scholarship you are eligible to receive at the time you are accepted to Ferrum. Ferrum College does not offer any full scholarships. Limited opportunities are available for jobs on campus to earn funds for personal expenses.
Who should I call if I have questions?
You and your parents should feel free to call or e-mail the Ferrum College Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). In addition, Shannon Peters will serve as your personal Admissions Counselor to walk you through the enrollment process. You may contact Shannon directly at email@example.com or (540) 365-4298.