Applying as a Freshman
Candidates for admission to Ferrum College must have graduated from an accredited high school or have earned an equivalency certificate based on GED tests.
There are three ways to complete your application to Ferrum:
- Create an Account to Apply Online
- Download, print and, mail the PDF application
- Contact our Admissions office to request a paper copy
How to Apply:
1. Complete the Ferrum College Application for Admission. If you apply online, the application fee will be waived. If you are mailing the application to us, please include the $25 application fee.
2. Have your official high school transcripts to us. GED recipients must submit proof of GED or equivalency certification. Ask your guidance counselor to send your official high school transcript directly to:
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 1000
Ferrum, VA 24088
3. Send your College Entrance Examination Scores from the SAT or the ACT. Scores will be sent directly to Ferrum College if you list the college code on your exam form. The Ferrum College code is 5213 for the SAT and 4352 for the ACT.
What happens after I Apply?
When will I receive a decision?
You will receive a decision packet of information within a week to ten (10) days after the Ferrum College Admissions Office has received your high school transcript and your SAT/ACT scores.
I will need financial aid. How do I apply?
After January 1st, you and your parents will need to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The financial aid office will send you a financial aid award letter.
Who should I call if I have questions?
You and your parents should feel free to call or e-mail the Ferrum College Admissions Office (see contact information above). In addition, you will be assigned a personal Admissions Counselor who will walk you through the enrollment process. The counselor assigned to you will be based on the location of your high school. The areas listed below are locations we most actively travel.
- Edwina Prunty - Roanoke, Lynchburg/Charlottesville, North Carolina
- Katie Carter - Southside Virginia, Richmond, North Carolina
- Jason Byrd - Shenandoah Valley, Northern Virginia (Manassas, Winchester, Fredericksburg)
- Lindsey Hager - Fairfax/Arlington/Alexandria, DC area, Maryland
- Tiffany Gordon - Southwest Virginia, Virginia Beach/Tidewater, Tappahannock/Hampton
How do I schedule a visit?
You may schedule a private tour online or contact the Admissions Office. We will be happy to help you schedule your visit. You may also register to come during one of our Panther Preview sessions during the fall or spring.