Transfer to Ferrum
We welcome transfer students from two and four year colleges and universities. Our team is dedicated to making your transition as seamless as possible. To help with that process, please provide official college transcripts to the Admissions Office for a preliminary credit evaluation in order to maximize your transfer credits. You can also visit our Course Equivalents page to learn more.
Ferrum College has the ideal combination of support and unique opportunities you need to succeed. We are committed to your experience as a transfer thereby providing you with full consideration for housing, financial aid, and campus co-curricular activities.
How to Apply
- Complete the Ferrum College Application for Admission.
For those applying to our Criminal Justice Online Program, please choose the “Criminal Justice Online Degree Completion Application.”
- Send us an official transcript for all colleges attended. Official transcripts should be mailed directly to:
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 1000
Ferrum, VA 24088
- A letter explaining all gaps of educational history are required.
- If you have been out of high school for less than one year, and have completed fewer than 24 college credits, your high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores are also required. For 2017 applicants, Ferrum College will accept both the RSAT and the old SAT. We will compare your scores using concordance tables to determine your highest scores on either test. Sending your scores each time you take the SAT allows Ferrum College to consider you all available enrollment-related opportunities.
- If you have been out of high school for more than one year, and have completed fewer than 24 college credits, your high school transcript is required.
Ferrum College does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran status, sex, disability, or any other protected status in admission to, access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities.
Transfer Student Classification
You are considered a transfer student if you have enrolled at another college or university since high school graduation and prior to applying for admission to Ferrum College.
Scholarships for Transfer Students
Based on GPA, transfer students may be eligible for up to $17,500 in scholarship funding! To learn more, Contact Us.
APPLY ONLINE FOR FREE
Create or return to your online application.
Transfer Student Contact
Assistant Director & Admissions Counselor