The interrelatedness of all knowledge lies at the heart of a liberal arts education.
Much of the excitement of learning stems from the discovery of truth in interactive
disciplines. The Liberal Arts major affords students the opportunity to put together
a broad program of study that stimulates and satisfies intellectual growth yet affords
adequate concentration in two academic areas to acquire in-depth knowledge.
The Liberal Arts major consists of at least 36 credit hours earned in two of the following
areas of emphasis, with no fewer than 18 hours in each emphasis. (You may select
only one minor from each emphasis group below.):
- Agriculture or Biology or Chemistry or Environmental Science
- Psychology or History or Political Science
- English or Foreign Language (Russian or Spanish)
- Theatre Arts and Visual Arts
- Philosophy or Religious Studies