The Office of the Registrar is dedicated to providing efficient services to the college
community. We hope that our home page will be a useful resource for the most current
information available. We appreciate your comments.
Click the above link to request a Transcript to be mailed or sent electronically (PDF).
(Please note: outstanding balances with Student Accounts may block ability to request
transcripts. Account holds must be resolved by contacting Student Accounts at 540-365-4239.
Once the hold is removed, you can complete the transcript request detail on the ordering
Occasionally, students take courses at other accredited colleges and universities.
It is very important that students get pre-approval for these courses and understand
the eligibility to transfer the credit hours back to Ferrum. The following are guidelines
for securing approval to take courses at other institutions.
- Ferrum College will accept transfer credit from other accredited institutions for
all non-developmental courses above 100 level which have been passed with a "C" or
- The hours earned transfer, however, GPA will only be affected by repeating appropriate
- Credit will only be awarded after the official transcript from the other institution
has been received in our office.
Current student should utilize the automated Request to Take Courses Elsewhere form
on Panther Portal for best service.
Become part of a college that thrives on seeing you succeed. Start your application
with Ferrum College today. Click the links to the right for more information about
the common Virginia Community College Course Equivalents and Liberal Arts Core graduation
(Click the above link to determine how your advanced placement scores will transfer
Advanced Placement Examinations
Course credit as well as advanced standing may be earned through the Advanced Placement
Test Program. Students must present a score of 3 or above on each exam to earn credit.
Students are responsible for requesting that their AP scores be sent to Ferrum.
International Baccalaureate Examinations
Ferrum College recognizes the IB diploma and will award advanced standing credit for the higher level exams if a score of 5 or higher is achieved.
College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Ferrum College will accept scores is accordance with the recommendations set forth
by the American Council of Education.
Use this form if you are requesting to test out of a Ferrum College course.
Ferrum College's 101th Graduation weekend- May 2017
May 5, 2017
May 6, 2017
Central Campus Lawn
If the weather is nice, then the ceremony will be held on Central Campus Lawn and
graduates may bring an unlimited number of guests.
Academic Regalia (Caps & Gowns)
- TBA (3 - 5:00 p.m.) "Senior Salute". Graduating Seniors may pick up their cap &
- December 2016 graduates may have a friend pick up regalia, if unable to attend. (Regalia
is not mailed.)
- The charge for the cap and gown is included in the Graduation Fee of $125.
- If you miss Senior Salute, come by the Registrar's Office, John Wesley Hall, Room
- If there is rain, the ceremony will be moved to the gymnasium.
- There will be a limit to the number of guests tickets for each graduate.
- Information regarding rain tickets will be forthcoming from the Office of the Dean
of Academic Affairs.
LINK TO AREA HOTELS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE.
Previous Ferrum College Catalogs (PDF's)
Privacy of Student Records
The college complies with the provisions of The Family Educational Rights and Privacy
Act of 1974 which was designed to protect the privacy of educational records, to establish
the right of students to inspect and review their educational records, and to provide
guidelines for the correction of inaccurate data through formal and informal hearings.
The college will not release any information covered by the Act to outside parties
without the written authorization of the student.
Information that can be released without student authorization includes:
- Name Address
- Telephone Number
- Major Field of Study
- Dates of Attendance
- Degree Received, Including Dates