The Office of the Registrar is dedicated to providing efficient services to the college community. We hope that our home page will be a useful resource for the most current information available.
Midterm Grades are due February 24th, 5:00 p.m.
Students can view their grades on the Panther Portal or the Ellucian Go App.
Spring Break Saturday, February 25th - March 5th
Spring Break begins after classes on Friday, February 24th.
Planning Week and Fall Schedule available: March 8th - 10th
Students should preview the schedule and “plan” courses needed for graduation.
Advising Week: March 13th -17th
All students should make certain your academic plan has been approved by your advisor prior to Registration Week.
Fall Registration: March 20th - 23rd
Special Note: The registration windows open by credit hours already completed at the time of registration. This does not include credit hours in which you are currently enrolled.
Seniors (currently have 88 hours or more) register March 20th
Juniors (currently have 56-87 hours) register March 21st
Sophomores (currently have 24 – 55 hours) register March 22nd
Freshmen (below 24 hours) register March 23rd
(Please note: Outstanding balances with Student Accounts will block ability to request transcripts. Account holds must be resolved by contacting Student Accounts at 540-365-4239. Once the hold is removed, you can complete the transcript request detail on the ordering site.)
Calendars and Schedules
Virginia Community College Degree Transfer Options
Partnered with all accredited Virginia Community Colleges to offer qualifying students guaranteed Admission to Ferrum College. Click the button below to see specific Degree Transfer Options for each Program of Study along with Emphasis Areas.
Request to Take Courses Elsewhere
- Occasionally, students take courses at other accredited colleges and universities. It is very important that students get pre-approval for these courses and understand the eligibility to transfer the credit hours back to Ferrum. The following are guidelines for securing approval to take courses at other institutions.
- Ferrum College will accept transfer credit from other accredited institutions for all non-developmental courses above 100 level which have been passed with a “C” or higher grade.
- The hours earned transfer, however, GPA will only be affected by repeating appropriate courses.
- Credit will only be awarded after the official transcript from the other institution has been received in our office.
Current student should utilize the automated Request to Take Courses Elsewhere form on Panther Portal for best service.
Transfer Guide for Incoming Students
Become part of a college that thrives on seeing you succeed. Start your application with Ferrum College today. Click the link to the left for more information about the common Virginia Community College Course Equivalents and Liberal Arts Core graduation requirements.
Course credit as well as advanced standing may be earned through the Advanced Placement Test Program. Students must present a score of 3 or above on each exam to earn credit. Students are responsible for requesting that their AP scores be sent to Ferrum. Official scores directly from the testing centers are required before credit can be granted.
International Baccalaureate Examinations
Ferrum College recognizes the IB diploma and will award advanced standing credit for the higher level exams if a score of 5 or higher is achieved. Official scores directly from the testing centers are required before credit can be granted.
College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Ferrum College will accept scores in accordance with the recommendations set forth by the American Council of Education. Official scores directly from the testing centers are required before credit can be granted.
Currently enrolled, qualified students demonstrating satisfactory academic competency in particular subjects may earn credit by successfully completing a departmental examination. A departmental exam may be taken only one time for a course, and the student must attain a grade of 70% or better in order to receive credit for the exam. No more than 10% of a student’s coursework at Ferrum College may be earned by credit by exam.
Students will nee to fill out the Credit By Exam Form to start the process.
Friday Evening in Vaughn Chapel
May 5, 2017
May 6, 2017
10:30 a.m. on the Central Campus Lawn (weather permitting)
- April 5, 2017 (3 – 5:00 p.m.) “Senior Salute”. Graduating Seniors may pick up their cap & gown.
- December 2016 graduates may have a friend pick up regalia, if unable to attend. (Regalia is not mailed.)
- The charge for the cap and gown is included in the Graduation Fee of $125.
- If you miss Senior Salute, come by the Registrar’s Office, John Wesley Hall, Room 13.
- If there is rain, the ceremony will be moved to the gymnasium.
- There will be a limit to the number of guests tickets for each graduate.
- Information regarding rain tickets will be forthcoming from the Office of the Dean of Academic Affairs.
Previous College Catalogs (PDF)
Privacy of Student Records
The college complies with the provisions of The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 which was designed to protect the privacy of educational records, to establish the right of students to inspect and review their educational records, and to provide guidelines for the correction of inaccurate data through formal and informal hearings. The college will not release any information covered by the Act to outside parties without the written authorization of the student.
Information that can be released without student authorization includes:
- Name Address
- Telephone Number
- Major Field of Study
- Dates of Attendance
- Degree Received, Including Dates