Contact the ARC
The ARC is located in the Lower Level of the Stanley Library
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone (540) 365-4265
- Fax (540) 365-4271
- Hours ARC Study Area: 24/7
- HILLSDALE COMPUTER LAB: 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM (MON. – THURS.) / 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM (FRIDAY)
- “After Hours” Math 100 lab – 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (MON.-THURS.)
- Academic Support Services Office 8 AM – 4:30 PM MONDAY – FRIDAY
The Hub of Academic Support
Join us in the Academic Resources Center and maximize your opportunities for academic success!
- Schedule a peer tutoring sessions (day and time of sessions are posted on web and around campus)
- Arrange a one-on-one tutoring sessions (you can arrange a time that works best for you)
- Work with an academic counselor (work on academic strategies for academic success)
- Attend peer led and facilitated study groups for discussion or an exam review session
- Meet and work with your professor during their ARC office hours
- Use the comfortable study area for individual study or for group study/projects
Take advantage of the wi-fi capabilities in the ARC and bring your laptop or iPad to work on your assignments in the study area. If you choose not to bring your computer or just want to use the ARC computers, then we have a small computer lab available.
“The Academic Resources Center has helped me with not only being tutored by fellow classmates but also faculty outside of class time. It provides a quite, relaxing room for study and offers everything you could potentially need to help a student succeed here at Ferrum College. Not only is it a sociable place to work with others, but somewhere you can always concentrate to get your work done. Let yourself shine in the ARC!”
Mindy Hale, Class of 2015
Academic Resources Center Office
Ms Jame’E Gunter
PAL Program Coordinator
Office 107, ARC, Lower Stanley Library
The Academic Resources Center (ARC) provides a Study Center which is available to students twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week for group or individual study. A computer lab, the Hillsdale Lab, with twelve computers is open Monday – Thursday, from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and available for all students. Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) sessions are held in the Study Center, Monday – Thursday, for scheduled group sessions, individual tutoring sessions, exam review sessions, impromptu facilitated study groups, or reading groups.
The Math Center is located in the ARC Study Center, providing help for students from Ferrum College mathematics faculty. The faculty are available to students every afternoon, Monday – Thursday, so a Ferrum College student can take advantage of getting help from and asking questions of the professor teaching the class in which they are enrolled!
Other faculty members from across several disciplines (accounting, agriculture, chemistry, business, religion, political science, criminal justice, communications, English, and health & human performance) spend their office hours in the ARC, giving the student an opportunity to work with their professor outside of class in a comfortable environment.
Please check out the PAL schedule, faculty hours, and Math Center hours by using the buttons provided on the right side of this page.