Welcome from President Jennifer L. Braaten
Dear Students, Families, & Friends,
Welcome to Ferrum College! We hope your visit to our web pages has inspired you to learn even more about what Ferrum stands for, including:
- Our focus on mind, body and spirit which translates to academic excellence, involvement in athletics and wellness, and exposure to ethical problem solving and civic engagement.
- Our development of character, integrity and empathy through co-curricular integration, student events and activities.
- Our preparation of students for career, life, and service through our motto, “Not Self, But Others.
We are encouraged by steady increases in enrollment, our outstanding faculty and staff, our dedicated Board of Trustees and our dear friends. We are extremely grateful for the opportunities our students have in the classroom and in the world. The support we receive for scholarships, endowments, academic internships and church relations is critical. As we move closer to the celebration of our Centennial in 2013, more than ever, we will need the prayers, care, and commitment of everyone in the Ferrum family. We know that Ferrum can help turn what is sometimes unfairly called the “me generation” of young men and women into the “we generation” of leaders in our communities, the nation and the world.
We hope you will schedule an in-person visit to our beautiful campus in the very near future. We invite you to become a member of the Ferrum family and to begin your journey to success the “Ferrum Way,“ through learning & involvement, faith & action, and hope & promise.
Jennifer L. Braaten
More About President Braaten & Her Collegiate Service
AAUW (American Association of University Women)
ACA (Appalachian College Association):
- • Executive Committee, At-Large Representative
- • Executive Committee, Chair
- • Program Committee, Chair
- • Treasurer
- • APFCS (Asia Pacific Federation of Christian Schools) Representative
- • Bonner Foundation, Presidents’ Advisory Committee
CICV (Council of Independent Colleges in Virginia):
- • Executive Committee
- • Past Chair
EIIA (Educational & Institutional Insurance Administrators, Inc.):
- • Board of Directors, First Vice President
- • Investment Committee
- • Nominating Committee, Chair
- • President’s Advisory Council
NAICU (National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities):
- • Executive Committee
- • Board of Directors
- • Tax Policy Committee Chair
NASCUMC (National Association of Schools and Colleges of the United Methodist Church):
- • Past Chair of the Board of Directors
- • International Committee
- • Senator of the UNIVERSITY SENATE
- • Commission on Institutional Review, Vice-Chair
NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) Management Council, 2003-2007
SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools), Commissioner & Member of Executive Committee
USA South Athletic Conference